Saturday 28 September 2013

Explore the Artiste cartridge - part 1 - numbers 1 to 5

Hi All

over the coming weeks I will be exploring the Cricut Artiste cartridge, exclusive to Close to My Heart (CTMH), making a project from each key. This post is for the numbers 1 to 5 keys.

This is such a versatile cartridge, with over 700 images on it , as well as coordinating stamps and chipboard elements from CTMH.

1.
I used the 3D object key to cut this little bag, and the Accent 1 to cut  the green doily decoration. The handle is just a strip of 12" cardstock cut to the width of the top of the bag. You could use Velcro or a magnetic closure to seal the bag.



2.
This is going to be a sign on my eldest daughters door - can you guess what colours she likes?
I used the Accent 2 and the Accent 2 <shift> to cut this out, I cut the plaque first at fit to page then measured the inside dimensions and sized the frame to match, in Cricut Craft room (CCR).



3.
I used Accent 3 to cut this plaque for the main focus on this card, and cut at 4" to make sure it would fit on the front of a standard card, then stamped and sponged with Lagoon exclusive ink and mounted it onto a piece of Sarita B&T papers. You could also cut this larger and use for a title block on a scrapbook page.


4.
I used 3D object to cut this cute pyramid topped little box, and Accent 2 and the Accent 2 <shift> for the keyhole embellishment on it. Afterwards I thought that if I had done this in CCR and hidden the contours on the dark blue backing, it would have been easier :-)
the 4 holes in the top are tied together with ribbon, but I have left the bottom flap unsealed so you can open it that way.


5.
I used the Card and the Card <shift> key for this gate fold card and matching envelope, and cut from one sheet of B&T paper. This is a great way to feature those double sided papers. The circle on the front to highlight the flower was punched, but you could also use the CCR to match a circle size to the flowers, as I did in the Laughing Lola sample.

 


That's it for today's explore session, come back soon for the other keys.

If you would like to purchase the Cricut Artiste cartridge, you can do so on my website here.

If you would like to attend my Cricut Club and use this and other cartridges in a friendly crop environment, contact me.

Yours in craft,
Monika

1 comment:

  1. Hey Monika, I love this cartridge exploration idea. I especially like your number 5 projects they really do look great with the B& T duos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I love to hear what you think of the art work, and what you would like to see next. If you like what you see, please subscribe :-)