Sunday 1 June 2014

CTMH Australasian Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - June 2014 - Kaboom




Hello and welcome aboard our Australasian Stamp of the month Close to My Heart Blog Hop. If you have arrived here from Savannah's Blog, Savannah Scraps, then you are in the right place. If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.

Today I would like to share with you these cards which feature June Stamp of the Month - Kaboom, available exclusively throughout June for $24 or for just $5 when you spend $75.

This is a very festive set, all about parties and fireworks - great for any celebration!

For my first creations this month I used CTMH Kraft 12x12 cardstock cut into 3 - 2 pieces of 6 x 8 inches for a side folding card, and a 4 x 12 inch top folding card - all three cards closed are 4x6 inches, and fit into a standard envelope.

I stamped both cards with White Daisy Pigment ink, and left the ink to dry. Pigment ink takes a bit longer to dry than dye ink, as it does not absorb into the card like dye does. You could also heat set it with a heat gun if you have one.

I left the first card like this, as I love the white on craft look, and the pigment ink is opaque, showing up really well on darker cardstock.



For the second card, I coloured over the white ink with Alcohol markers. You can see how vibrant the colours are in the Kraft, with the white ink underneath them. You could also use coloured pencils for this technique. Just be aware of how dark some of the alcohol markers are, and how wide the tip is - my purple fireworks are a little over-done lol


By this stage I was a little excited about different colour combinations, so I thought I would try a white background card with coloured inks for the fireworks. I stamped them all over the card as a background, and highlighted the sentiment by raising it on a flag shaped card with foam tape, and just lightly sponging the edges with Lagoon ink.


I used Ruby, Goldrush, Lagoon and Pear exclusive inks. I love that the set also includes the small star you can use to fill in any spaces.

 Kaboom is only available until 30 June 2014 from your CTMH consultant.

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop,  Patricia Manhire's Blog, Patricia's Creative Corner.

Yours in Craft,
Monika

4 comments:

  1. Love these cards and the use of the stamps to create the background.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the idea of coloring over embossed areas with alcohol markers. I've never considered that before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm loving your cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you cards. Now I need to try white on kraft. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I love to hear what you think of the art work, and what you would like to see next. If you like what you see, please subscribe :-)